INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
We believe that gathering together for worship is a vital part of our life as believers, so we make every effort to continue with our regularly scheduled services. Always use your best judgment about traveling in inclement weather. Your safety, the safety of your family, and the safety of those around you must be your first consideration before leaving home. The pastoral staff will assess the travel conditions around the church and the safety of our parking lot and entrances. If there is NO CHANGE to our church schedule, we will make NO ANNOUNCEMENT.
If we cannot assure reasonably safe conditions for people to travel to, park, enter, and exit our facilities, we will cancel services and/or postpone activities. Sunday morning cancellation decisions will be made by 7:00 AM. We will communicate any changes in our church schedule by the following means:
- Website.* Visit our home page. A notification will be posted near the top of the page.
- All-church email. Look for an email in your inbox informing you of service cancellations. (Not part of our online community? Join here to receive all-church emails.)
- Social media. Look for updates on Calvary Chapel Olympia’s Facebook page and Instagram account.
- Church voicemail system.* Call the church office at 360-352-4214. A message about service cancellation will be updated once a decision has been made.
- Signage. Signs will be posted on the church doors if services are canceled.
* In the case of a power outage, the website and church voicemail system will not be updated.
Church Office and Daytime Studies
Calvary Chapel Olympia will follow the Olympia School District school closure/dismissal policy.
If schools are canceled, all daytime activities (until 4:00 PM) at CCO are canceled and the church office will be closed. If schools are delayed by 2 hours, the church office will open at 10:30 AM and any morning activities will be canceled.